Here’s a Campology card inspiration for Day 7 of our series.
Today we are using the Toile technique for our Christmas card. Toile is a fabric printed with a repeating pattern. The standard for Toile is single colour and the theme is usually the scenic French countryside. It is usually printed in black, blue or red for wallpaper or upholstery.
Although the Campology stamp set is not a Christmas stamp set, it has a gorgeous pine tree image that we need for this technique.
- First, get a thin piece of copy paper so we can make a mask. The masking technique demonstrated in the video below is vital for Toile design.
- Next, ink up the edge of your card front before sticking onto your card base. This frames your work and gives it a polished look.
- Third, heat emboss some gold powder for the sentiment. Gold will add a luxurious detail to your card.
- Lastly, add shimmer and shine to your card with Wink of Stella and Snowflake Sequins.
Here’s a step-by-step video:
Also, here’s a checklist to help you:
- Campology stamp set
- Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Gold Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- Whisper White A4 Card Stock
- Snowflake Sequins
- Wink of Stella
- Multipurpose Glue
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Clear-mount Block E
I hope that you enjoyed this Campology card and that you’ll give it a go. Would you like to learn techniques in card making? Let me know so we can organise a class for you. Bring your friends along too so you can share the experience.