Now here’s a card that’s lot of fun to make. Shaker cards have been around for ages but it’s nice to revisit this technique especially when there are new stamp sets and tools to make this card easier to make.
The focal point of your card is the part where it shakes, the area where you put the sprinkles in.There are so many sprinkles that you can use -sparkly beads, glitter, sequins, confetti or even cake sprinkles that you can buy in the baking aisle of your supermarket.
So what are the tools of the trade when making shaker cards?
- Choose a stamp set that resembles a container. It can be a fish tank, basket, balloon or a mason jar. I used a mason jar in my card. The Jar of Love Stamp Set has different sizes of mason jars that are perfect for making shaker cards. What’s more it has a coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits if you want to die-cut the jars and the other images in the stamp set.
- A 1-3/8″ circle punch comes in handy when you don’t have the Framelits. It’s a perfect fit for punching a window hole on the jar.
- You will also need Window Sheets to cover the hole and hold your sprinkles.
- This new Foam Adhesive Strips from Stampin’ Up! is a genius adhesive for making shaker cards. It has the perfect width and length. You will not want to make shaker cards without this adhesive. It’s a must-have. Simply put the adhesive around the hole you have made. This will be your vessel to hold the sprinkles in. When you have filled it with sprinkles, peel off the backing and stick a piece of card stock to keep the sprinkles in.
I hope that you will give this technique a try. I recently had a shaker card class and it was a lot of fun. I provided samples to copy but I loved how everyone rocked their cards and made them completely their own. In the end, we had many versions of gorgeous shaker cards. You can see photos on my Facebook page at Alphacrafts.
Interested in attending this class? There will be a repeat session of this class for those who missed out.
Coffee & Shaker Card
- Friday, 31 March
- Cost $20, materials to make 6 cards supplied. Envelopes, cuppa and a yummy treat provided
- Booking is essential as there are limited seats, payment required to secure a spot