Cutting card stock is one of the most important lessons in card making. Paper is expensive and you don’t want to waste it. Card stock is usually available in 2 sizes – A4 and 12×12 (inches). Make sure that you have a good quality paper trimmer and scorer. This tool is a must for every paper crafter.
How to cut A4 paper:
- Score at 4-1/4″ on the short side of your card stock
- Cut at 5-7/8″ on the long side of the paper
- You will end up with 2 card bases
How to cut 12×12 paper:
- Score at 6″ on the side where the paper is bendable
- Divide the card stock into 3 parts by cutting at 4″
- You will end up with 3 card bases
These instructions will be clearer when you watch the video. I hope that after watching this basic tutorial in cutting your card stock, you’ll be on your way to making cards.
Stampin’ Up! has a wide range of card stock and Designer Series Paper for your card making and all your paper crafting needs. We also have a Paper Trimmer and Scoring Tool to help you prepare your card stock and give your handmade cards a professional look.
Order your supplies from my online store and they will be delivered to your doorstep.
Happy card making!