Here’s a children’s room decor that the kids will love. It’s a fun-fold project to keep their hands busy during the school holidays.
Creating the rosette is easy with the help of the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Other products that you may use are punches and dies with coordinating stamp sets. I also like to use embossing folders to add texture.
Here’s how to make the flower rosette:
- Trim a Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock into 2 sheets of 3 x 11 inches and then score using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool every 1/2 inch until the end of the paper.
- Punch one end of the cardstock with the Eyelet Border Punch.
- Valley fold all the score lines and then connect the 2 pieces.
- Spread into a fan and attach the end to form the rosette.
- Stamp flowers from the Posy Punch stamp set on Basic White cardstock and then cut them with the coordinating Fancy Flower Punch.
- Arrange the flowers and attach to the rosette. Set this aside.
- Trim 2 pieces of narrow strips for the tail. Insert in the embossing folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Then attach to the rosette using a glue gun.
- Personalise by attaching the letters of your name and then add embellishments.
Here’s a list of products used:
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool
- Posy Punch Stamp Set
- Fancy Flower Punch
- Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set
- Holiday Ornaments Framelit Dies
- Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
- Honeycomb Hexagon Embossing Folder
- Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock
- Eyelet Border Punch
- Basic White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
I hope that you enjoyed this inspiration and that you’ll also give it a go.
Visit the online store for current products to help you with paper crafting during the school holidays with the kids.
Would you like to make this in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you. Bring along your friends too so that you can share the experience.