I love a good fun-fold Christmas card. Don’t you?
Do you send a newsletter with a family photo at Christmas? It’s a tradition my family started when my children were born. It gives us the opportunity every year to keep in touch with family and friends overseas.
This was my inspiration for this fun-fold card. I used Designer Series Paper (DSP) as the card base.
- Divide and trim your 12 x 12 inch Designer Series Paper into 3 equal parts.
- Score so that you get 3 panels but make sure that the middle panel fits your photo. You need to measure your photo.
- Attach a narrow strip of card stock to hold your photo. I used a border punch for mine. (See card above) Attach it so that it serves as a pocket for your photo.
- To close the card, make a belly band with a narrow strip of paper and doily.
- Attach a greeting to the doily.
What do you think of the doily? I didn’t think it will work but it did. Would you consider using doilies for your Christmas cards? Will you be using it for other occasion too?
I hope that you enjoyed this fun-fold Christmas card and that you’ll also give it a go.
Visit the online store for current Designer Series Paper and embellishments to help you in your card making.
Would you like to learn how to make fun-fold cards like this in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.
If you’re looking for other fun projects, visit my events page and book in. There’s always something new to learn.