Fun-fold papercrafts are instant boredom busters during the school holidays. When the day feels like it’s dragging on forever, why not bring out some craft supplies and make cards. It’s an opportunity to stock up on handmade birthday cards.
These cards are special, all involving fun-folding. There’s a Box Card, an Easel Card and a Squash Card
Here’s how to make a Squash Card: (diamond-shaped card in the photo)
- Cut a piece of 8 x 8 inch coloured card stock and then score diagonally on both sides from end to end. It will look like an X
- Score again in half so that it looks like an X with a straight line in the center
- Fold all the score lines and squash it with the help of pushing in the center score line. This is the card base
- Cut a piece of 4 x 4 inch Basic White card front and then stamp with a sentiment. Use a coordinating punch if required and finish with embellishments.
- Attach the card front to the coloured card base
- Attach 2 pieces of Basic White cut into 4 x 4 inches inside the card base. Stamp images or sentiments if you wish but leave one blank for you to write your own message
It’s an easy card to make and you can easily make several in a short period of time. Make sure you make matching envelopes too.
I hope that you enjoyed this fun-fold papercrafts inspiration and that you’ll give the Squash Card a go.
Check out the online store and stock up on supplies to help you in your card making.
Would you like to make fun-fold cards in class? Let me know so we can organise a suitable date and time. Please note that school holiday classes are by special request only. Why not make it a parent and child crafty event and enjoy making cards together? Recommended minimum age for attending is 8 years old. Indicate this project when you send me a note so that I know which one you’re referring to.
Are you also looking for other fun projects for yourself? Check out my events and book in. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.