There are many ways that you can use gold foil in your card making and one of them is by punching them out into shapes. For our last card in the Christmas card series, we’ll be using circles. A brand new year is here so let’s bling it up!
Before anything else, I’d like to greet you a Happy New Year! Remember to take care of yourself and try to have as much crafting time as you can this year. The pandemic hasn’t disappeared and learning to live comfortably in this new world is a challenge. Let’s be kind and take care of each other.
Ok, so how do you make this card?
- Trim your black card stock to fit your card base. Mine is 5-5/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Trim a 3/4″ x 3-7/8″ strip of white card stock and stamp your sentiment with Memento Black ink
- Punch out 3 pieces of 1-1/2″ circles in gold foil
- Arrange the sentiment and circles on your black card stock. Stick them down and then insert into your Woodland Embossing Folder.
- Run the folder in your Cutting and Embossing Machine.
- Stick onto a white card base and your card is done
Here is a checklist for you so that you can make this at home:
- Basic Black A4 Card Stock
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Gold Foil Sheets
- Woodland Embossing Folder
- Peaceful Moments Stamp Set
- Make A Difference Stamp Set
Fun Tip: Try this layout with other shapes of punches and embossing folders that you have. Valentine’s Day is coming up soon so use a heart punch. Also, change the card stock colour to suit the occasion.
I hope that you enjoyed this card and that you’ll give it a go. I’m excited to see what other cards you make with this layout.
In case you missed it, here’s a card I made using the Woodland Embossing Folder as a background to inspire you.