Let’s use the Jar of Love to make shaker cards.
Now here’s a card that’s a lot of fun to make. Shaker cards have been around for a long time but it’s nice to revisit the technique and see if we can make it simpler this time.
The shaker part is the focal point so fill it with colourful or interesting things like sprinkles and glitter. Even punched out paper shapes will make good fillers. Use gold or silver paper for extra shine.
You can use the coordinating dies to cut out the jar if you like but for my card, I decided to just stamp the jar and cut a hole with a circle punch.
- First, stamp the jar and make a hole using a circle punch.
- Turn it over and attach a window sheet to cover the hole.
- With foam adhesive strips, line the sides of the jar so the beads stay in place.
- Fill with sprinkles, beads, glitter or sequins and then attach a backing to close.
- Attach the shaker to your card base and then finish your card with a greeting or embellishments of your choice.
Here’s a list of products I used:
- Jar of Love stamp set
- Everyday Jars Framelits
- 1-3/4 inch circle punch
- Foam Adhesive Strips
- Window Sheets
- Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Basic White Card Stock
How else will you be using the Jar of Love and it’s coordinating dies? Will you use it for your bullet journal and scrapbooking too?
I hope that you enjoyed this card inspiration and that you’ll give it a go.
Visit the online store for current stamp sets and coordinating products to help you in your card making.
Also, would you like to learn how to make it in class? Let me know so we can organise a class for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.