The Open Sea card inspiration that you see here uses the stamp set and a background stamp.
The struggle is real when it comes to making cards for men. Luckily, The Open Sea takes care of that problem. Nautical images suit many occasions, especially birthdays.
I also used the Hardwood background stamp for a textured and rustic look.
Here’s how I made the card:
- On a Basic White Cardstock, stamp the Hardwood background and attach it to a card base.
- Stamp the ship, compass and splatters on the card.
- Stamp and shape a greeting in a banner. Ink the border and attach it to the card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp and cut an anchor and attach it to the card.
Here’s a list of products I used:
- The Open Sea Stamp Set
- Hardwood Background Stamp
- Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Poppy Parade Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Marina Mist Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Basic White Cardstock
This is an easy technique that you can use for Father’s Day too. What colour combinations will you come up with? What other projects will you be using this stamp set for?
Will you be using this for a bullet journal and scrapbooking too? I use it a lot for memory keeping.
I hope that you enjoyed this card inspiration and that you’ll give The Open Sea a go.
Visit the online store for current products to help you in your card making.
Would you like to make male-themed cards in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.