Watercolour embossing technique on Shimmery White cardstock is a fun technique.
Do you like clean and simple cards? So do I. It’s my go-to technique when I need to make a quick but stunning-looking card.
Here’s how to make the card:
- On a Shimmery White card front, stamp a greeting 3 or 4 times in a neatly spaced row with Versamark.
- Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and heat with a heat tool.
- Transfer ink from an ink pad onto a clear-mount block. Pick up the ink with a Water Painter and paint over the clear-embossed greeting. Repeat this using a different colour each time until all the greetings have been painted on.
- Attach the card front to a coloured cardstock and then attach to a Basic White card base.
- Attach gems, sequins or a button for a finishing touch. (optional)
Here’s a list of products I used:
- Basic White A4 Cardstock
- Shimmery White A4 Cardstock
- Water Painters
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
Isn’t it a clever technique? What other projects do you have in mind? Will you be using it for your bullet journal and scrapbooking too? I’m thinking, this will look great in bookmarkers and bullet journal calendars. Don’t you think so too?
I hope that you enjoyed this inspiration and that you’ll also give Watercolour Embossing Technique a go
Visit the online store for current products to help you in your card making.
Lastly, would you like to learn card making techniques? Let me know so we can organise a class for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.