Here’s a quick guide on how to cut card stock. One of the first few basics in card making is cutting card stock. Paper is expensive and it’s a shame to waste it.
Card stock is usually available in 2 sizes – A4 and 12×12 (inches).
A good paper trimmer and scorer is a tool that goes hand in hand with card stock so make sure that you invest in a good one.
How to cut A4 paper:
- Score at 4-1/4″ on the short side of your card stock
- Cut at 5-7/8″ on the long side of the paper
- You will end up with 2 card bases
How to cut 12×12 paper:
- Score at 6″ on the side where the paper is bendable
- Divide the card stock into 3 parts by cutting at 4″
- You will end up with 3 card bases
These instructions will be clearer when you watch the video. I hope that after watching this basic tutorial in cutting your card stock, you’ll be on your way to making cards.
Stampin’ Up! has a wide range of card stock and Designer Series Paper for your card making and all your paper crafting needs. We also have a good quality Paper Trimmer and Scoring Tool to help you prepare your card stock and give your handmade cards a professional look.
I hope that you find the tutorial useful and that you’ll give it a go. I also have a tutorial on how to cut designer series paper if you want to learn more.
Happy card making!