Here’s a quick guide on how to cut card stock. It is one of the most important lessons in card making. Paper is expensive and you don’t want to waste it. Card stock is usually available in 2 sizes – A4 and 12×12 (inches). Make sure that you have a good quality paper trimmer and scorer. This tool is a must for every paper crafter.
How to cut A4 paper:
- Score at 4-1/4″ on the short side of your card stock
- Cut at 5-7/8″ on the long side of the paper
- You will end up with 2 card bases
How to cut 12×12 paper:
- Score at 6″ on the side where the paper is bendable
- Divide the card stock into 3 parts by cutting at 4″
- You will end up with 3 card bases
These instructions will be clearer when you watch the video. I hope that after watching this basic tutorial in cutting your card stock, you’ll be on your way to making cards.
Stampin’ Up! has a wide range of card stock and Designer Series Paper for your card making and all your paper crafting needs. We also have a Paper Trimmer and Scoring Tool to help you prepare your card stock and give your handmade cards a professional look.
I hope that you’ve learned a thing or two on how to cut card stock. Order your supplies from my online store and they will be delivered to your doorstep.
Happy card making!