Hand-stitched notebook is an easy project to assemble. It’s another boredom buster for you and the kids during the school holidays. Chances are, you already have the supplies in your craft box.
First thing to do is to gather your materials – A4 paper, printed or Designer Series Paper, paper piercing tool, needle, thread, multi-purpose glue, stamp sets and ink pads.
- Fold 6 x A4 Basic White cardstock in half (horizontal).
- On the spine or fold, poke holes in even intervals using a paper piercing tool or a needle.
- Sew the papers together starting from the middle moving up and then back to the middle. Then sew downwards and then back up again to the middle. Tie and secure with a knot (on the outside of the notebook).
- Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper or a printed sheet of paper to cover the front of the notebook. You can cover the entire front or just part of it like what I have done (see photo).
- Cut a strip of paper to cover the stitching (see photo, blue strip along the fold.
- For a finishing touch, stamp a flower and cut and then stick it to embellish the front cover.
What will you be using the notebook for? Will you use it as a scrapbook or as a bullet journal? Will you be making a few to give to friends? Why not make a matching pencil too? Please let me know what you think of hand-stitched notebook once you made one.
If you want to make this as a parent and child activity during the school holidays, please let me know so we can organise it. Invite others too so you can share the experience.
Check out the online store and stock up on supplies so you can make this at home anytime you like.
Are you also looking for other papercraft projects? Check out the events that are currently available and book in.