Mini-journal is a fun project and is so much fun to make during the school holidays. Filled with pages of stamped images and pockets, it’s a beautiful keepsake book for documenting life’s special memories.
Here’s how I made the cover:
- Cut an A4 sheet of Window Sheet horizontally in half
- Emboss a coloured card stock using a Honeycomb Embossing Folder and then attach to the window sheet with Mini Glue Dots
- Punch or die cut butterflies and flowers and attach to the honeycomb sheet
- Using a Dymo Machine, add a title to your book
- As a finishing touch, add stamped and die cut images around the honeycomb
Other ideas for a cover would be to use a thick card board. You can also use fabric or felt for a softer look. How about something you picked up on a nature walk, like a thick bark or a big leaf?
I hope that you enjoyed this mini-journal cover inspiration and that you’ll give it a go. I’m curious how yours turned out and how you filled the inside pages. Did you add a lot of pockets for photos and little notes? What size is your book? Did you make a smaller version too?
Check out the online store for supplies and current products to help you create your book. If you’re planning on giving the book as a gift, browse through the packaging and wrapping supplies too.
Would you like to make a book in class? Let me know so we can organise a suitable date and time.
Are you also looking for other projects? Check out my events and book in. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.