Let’s use the Mixed Bunch and Simply Stars stamp sets to make pop-up cards.
On our recent stamp club, the ladies and I had so much fun making this card. The card folds flat and when you open it, flowers pop-up in the middle.
Do you also like cards with a surprise element? They are fun, interactive and a great way to use your stamp sets.
Here’s how to make the card:
- On a sheet of Very Vanilla or Basic White cardstock, stamp 3 flowers from the Mixed Bunch stamp set and then cut with the coordinating Blossom Punch. Fold them in half lengthwise and crosswise so that the petals are divided into 4 quarters. Set aside.
- On a Very Vanilla or Basic White card front, stamp flowers to fill up the whole area. Then, attach this to the front of a coloured card base.
- Attach the folded flowers inside the card but make sure they are on the spine of the card base. Follow the score lines on the flowers so that when they are attached to the spine, the flowers open and close along the score lines.
- Stamp a greeting and then attach it to the card.
- Add sequins or gems as a finishing touch. (optional)
Here’s a list of products I used:
- Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
- Basic White A4 Cardstock
- Mixed Bunch Stamp Set
- Blossom Punch
- Simply Stars Stamp Sert
- Extra Large Oval Punch
You can also follow the same steps in making the pop-up card with the Simply Stars stamp set. Fussy-cut the stars or you can also cut them with a circle punch.
What colour combinations will you be using? Do you have a colour wheel to help you? Make sure you make one based on the ink pads that you have to guide you.
I’m wondering, will you also be using this technique in your bullet journal and scrapbooking? It will be lovely to have flowers or stars popping out of the pages. Isn’t it a clever idea?
I hope that you enjoyed this card inspiration and that you’ll give the Mixed Bunch and Simply Stars a go to make pop-up cards.
Visit the online store for current coordinating products to help you with your card making.
Would you like to make pop-up cards in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.