Let’s make a Mother’s Day card.
It truly is a miracle of life whenever I look at my sons. I cannot imagine my life now without them. Although my eldest is now almost 14 and my youngest 12, I can still remember the overwhelming emotions the first time I laid my eyes on them.
Do you have a favourite memory of your children when they were small? Do you remember that brand new baby smell?
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to celebrate how amazing mothers are. No amount of education or university degree could have prepared us for this role but here we are, doing an amazing job.
Here’s how to make the card:
- Score a cardstock in equal parts and make a box with flaps but make sure the bottom is left open.
- Assemble the box and insert dividers in the middle so that it serves as the anchor for all the embellishments to be attached. Then test the box so that it folds flat and pops-up when opened.
- Stamp the flowers from the Mixed Bunch stamp set and cut with the Blossom Punch. Use narrow strips of paper to make popsicle flowers. This will help adjust the height when attached to the dividers.
- Stamp and cut greetings from the Amazing Family stamp set and attach to the card.
- Embellish the flaps for a finishing touch.
Here’s a list of products I used:
- Mixed Bunch Stamp Set
- Blossom Punch
- Amazing Family Stamp Set
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin’ Pad
I hope that you enjoyed this Mother’s Day card and that you’ll give it a go.
Visit the online store for current products to help you with your card making.
Also, would you like to make pop-up cards in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.