Refashioned business shirt is a fun school holiday sewing project that you and the kids will enjoy.
If you have old business or button down shirts that you no longer need, it’s a great idea to repurpose them and give them a fresh lease on life. How about turning it into a breezy summer top? It can also be worn as a pretty skirt. Isn’t this a cool idea?
- Cut the shirt in a straight line across the bust line, just above where the sleeves are and then make a small fold along the cut. Then, sew it to make a neat straight line
- Measure and cut an elastic to the size of your waist. Make it just a little loose so that when it stretches, it can pass through your hips
- Sew the elastic to your top
- Turn the sleeves into straps. Cut and sew neatly into long strips
- Attach the straps
- Make a flower with the fabric scraps and attach as a finishing touch
I hope that you enjoyed this refashioned business shirt sewing project and that you’ll give it a go. I’m curious to know how yours turned out. Do you also have other simple projects using business shirts? Have you tried making an apron? It’s another great idea using unwanted clothing.
Would you like to make this in class? Let me know so we can organise a suitable date and time. Indicate the sewing project when you leave me a message so that I know what you’re referring to.
Are you also looking for projects other than sewing? Check out my events and book in. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.