Pin cushion magnet is a fun sewing project during the school holidays. This is another boredom buster that doesn’t require a lot of materials nor effort to complete.
First, gather your materials:
- fabric scraps
- toy stuffing
- glue stick
- heat gun
- buttons or flowers for embellishment.
- Trace petals on your fabric. 2 pieces are required for each petal. Trace on the ‘wrong’ side of the fabric so that you don’t see the pencil marks. I made 4 petals to my flower
- Sew all the petals together and fill with toy stuffing before closing each petal shut
- Arrange the petals and sew them together at the center
- To cover the center, attach a flower or button or other embellishments that you have
- Attach a magnet at the back of the flower with glue stick and heat gun
I hope that you enjoyed this sewing inspiration. I’d love for you to give this a go and make a pin cushion magnet of your own. Let me know how yours went. Will you be making a few to give to friends too? Wrap it up in tissue or put it in a box for a beautiful touch.
There are gorgeous papers and packaging inspiration at my online store so be sure to check it out.
Would you like to make this in class? Let me know so we can organise one for you.
Are you looking for other projects other than sewing? Check out my events and book in. Bring along your friends too so you can share the experience.